Calgary Legal Guidance is currently unable to provide legal services at our outreach clinic locations including the Kerby Centre, Diversecities (formerly Calgary Chinese Community Service Association), Centre for Newcomers, and Mustard Seed. However, our volunteer & staff lawyers are able to give free legal advice or assistance by phone or electronically. Please call us at 403-234-9266 to ask for help.
- Evening legal clinics and outreach at the downtown CLG office or at other agencies and educational institutions around Calgary
- Assistance on a variety of legal issues at these venues
- Legal advice, information and referrals in a community setting where clients feel more comfortable
The Downtown Clinic runs Monday through Thursday evenings from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm. Clients can call CLG at 403.234.9266 to learn more or to book an appointment. Clients need to bring their own interpreter if required. All types of legal issues are addressed at this clinic, excluding immigration law. Clinic location is 100, 840 – 7 Avenue SW.
Do Your Own Divorce Clinics
The Do Your Own Divorce Clinic is for people who have settled their child support, property & debts and want help with their divorce forms. Call 403.234.9266 for information or to book a space in this clinic.
Legal Picture ID is provided free of charge at two locations each month:
- Calgary Legal Guidance: runs on the second Wednesday of each month from 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm and the last Friday of each month from 8:30 am to 9:30 am. Location: 100, 840 – 7th Ave SW.
- The Women’s Centre of Calgary: runs the third Wednesday of each month from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm. Location: 39, 4th Street NE.
This is not government ID.
Partnership Outreach Clinics:
The Indigenous Hub (inside the SORCe)
316 – 7th Ave SE
Date: first Thursday of each month
Time: 9:30 a.m.
In partnership with the Aboriginal Friendship Centre of Calgary
Diversecities (formerly Calgary Chinese Community Service Association – CCCSA)
Held at the Diversecities office, located at 1, 128 – 2 Avenue SW, this clinic runs the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month. Diversecities provides interpreters in Cantonese and Mandarin. The volunteer lawyers at this clinic see clients with a variety of legal issues. Call 403.265.8446 for more information.
Calgary Immigrant Women’s Association (CIWA)
CIWA partners with CLG to provide legal advice in Family and Immigration Law. Located at
200, 138 – 4 Avenue SE, this clinic runs the 1st Tuesday and the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Wednesday of the month,
5:00 pm – 7:00 pm. Call CIWA at 403.263.4414 to book an appointment.
Centre for Newcomers
This clinic runs the 2nd Wednesday of the month and provides legal support in the area of Immigration Law. Call CLG at 403.716.6499 or CFN at 403.569.3325 to book an appointment. Clinics are located at 1010, 999 – 36 Street NE, and run from 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm.
Homeless Outreach Program Clinics
The Homeless Outreach Program Clinics are held at three locations:
- The Mustard Seed: clinics run on the second and fourth Monday of each month by drop in or appointment (phone 403.269.1319). Location: 102 – 11 Avenue SE.
- The Drop in Centre: clinics run on the first and third Wednesday of each month. No appointment necessary. Location: 1 Dermot Baldwin Way SE.
The HOP Lawyer provides free legal advice and court representation for criminal charges, eviction and other legal issues.
Immigrant Services Calgary (ISC)
This clinic currently runs the fourth Thursday of the month at the ISC office located at 910 – 7 Avenue SW from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm. This clinic caters to people who are permanent residents and Canadian citizens who are looking for information and advice in Immigration Law. Clients can call 403.265.1120 to book an appointment.
Kerby Elder Law Clinic
This clinic offers low income seniors a free 20 minute appointment with a lawyer who specializes in elder law issues. The clinic is held every Wednesday out of the Kerby Centre at 1133 – 7th Ave SW from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm. Phone 403.265.0661 to book an appointment.